Do you really know how much auto insurance you have?
Most people have not read their full policy, and if they have read it, they have not read all of the court cases and law that explain how the policy applies to them.
If you cannot answer the following questions, you may want to review your policy and discuss any questions with an experienced insurance attorney.
- How much liability coverage do I have?
- Do I have underinsured motorist coverage?
- Do I have medical payments coverage?
- How much uninsured motorist coverage do I have?
- If an accident is my fault, will my insurance pay to fix my car?
- If my car is hit by someone with no insurance, and I am injured, will my insurance cover my medical expenses?
- Will my insurance cover the cost of a rental car?
If you could not answer even one of these questions, you need to take a look at your policy. The last thing you want is to be injured in a car accident and find out your insurance is not going to pay.